How to Apply For A Kenyan Passport
You can apply for, renew or replace your passport and pay for it online. You’ll have to print out a form at the end. You must sign and date the form, add any documents or photographs that are needed, and return it for processing.
You’ll pay using mobile money, Credit, Debit Cards, and online banking from local banks. It should take at least 10 working days to get your first passport once your form has been physically submitted at the Immigration offices. For all other application types, it should take at least 5 working days. It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
STEPS OF APPLICATION
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices.( Nyayo house, Mombasa & Kisumu.)
DURING THE SUBMISSION YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Old passport for replacement.
- Parents National ID cards and copy.
PASSPORT FEES (in Kenya Shillings and in Dollars, Exchange rates are subject to change)
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee (Kshs)|
|32 Pages Ordinary “A” Series||Kshs. 4,550 (USD 50)|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||Kshs. 6,050 (USD 65)|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||Kshs. 7,550 (USD 80)|
|East African Passport||Kshs. 990 (USD 1200)|
|Diplomatic passport (48 page)||Kshs 7,550 (USD 80)|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050 (USD 105)|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050 (USD 125)|
IF YOU HAVE ANY ANY ISSUES OR QUESTIONS, CALL
- Nairobi Office: +254 772 246 669
- Mombasa Office: +254 708 206 206